January 2013 – Present
Senior Solutions Architect, ServerLogic Corporation, Portland, OR
- Developed custom Drupal modules and themes for clients.
- Managed Drupal development team, including hiring, personnel issues, mentoring and training, reviewing invoices and timecards, and quality assurance (reviewing team members' code and application functionality).
- Trained clients on topics such as Drupal site administration, site-building, development workflow, and Git.
- Wrote technical portions of sales proposals and co-presented with Sales Director at vendor finalist interviews, successfully closing deals.
July 2013 – September 2013
Adjunct Instructor, The Art Institute of Portland, Portland, OR
- Created the curriculum, lectures, grading rubric, and assignments for the class.
- Students and administrators asked me to teach future classes, but my schedule did not permit it.
April 2011 – January 2013
Senior Development Lead, ServerLogic Corporation, Portland, OR
- Developed custom Drupal modules for clients using the APIs of Drupal core, CTools, Views, and APIs of other contributed modules.
- Improved accuracy of project estimations by updating project estimation model.
- Maximized team productivity by estimating and delegating tasks, ensuring tickets were documented in detail, and helping developers with coding questions.
- Dramatically reduced number of tickets reopened by QA by implementing a peer code review process.
- Trained clients on administration of their Drupal sites.
- Co-presented ServerLogic services to prospective clients.
February 2008 – April 2011
Corporate Web Developer, Entercom Communications Corporation, Portland, OR
- Provided technical oversight for over 100 web sites.
- Coded and implemented dozens of Drupal sites.
- Coded and maintained custom PHP sites and Wordpress sites.
- Assisted with administration of Linux/Apache servers.
- Translated needs of stakeholders into clear, specific feature requirements and application code.
- Mentored local webmasters on development tasks.
- Served as primary technical liaison with technology and technical services vendors.
- Developed XML data feeds and other data integration for dozens of iPhone applications.
- Improved new site designs by conducting usability research.
June 2006 – February 2008
Technical Writer / Instructional Designer, XTS Software Corporation, Portland, OR
- Conducted usability testing and recommended user interface improvements.
- Coordinated selection of new web content management system.
- Project-managed team to improve internal company communication.
June 2004 – May 2006
Graduate Assistant, Information School, Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY
- Enhanced code and expanded content for school’s technical support web site.
- Set up dozens of online courses for faculty and the student body.
- Contributed to development of DrupalCon Portland 2013 site theme.
- Presented “A Gentle Introduction to the Views API” at the 2011 Pacific Northwest Drupal Summit.
- Assisted with sponsorship ticket coordination for Pacific Northwest Drupal Summit 2011.
- Helped update drupal.org documentation during Great Git Migration.
- Co-organized DrupalCamp Portland 2009.
Master of Science, Library and Information Science, 3.93 G.P.A.
Information School, Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY
Bachelor of Arts, English with honors, Phi Beta Kappa, 3.82 G.P.A.
Grinnell College, Grinnell, IA